‘Fiqh – Wudoo & Salah’
The Unique Qualities of Purification
1. Purification is equal to half of the faith:
The Prophet of Allâh ﷺ said in this regard:
“Cleanliness is equal to half the faith…” (Muslim)
2. Purification is one of the ways one can please Allâh and earn His love
Allâh ﷺ said:
“Indeed Allâh loves those who continually seek repentance and those who purify themselves.” [Surah al-Baqarah (2):222]
3. Purification elevates one’s rank and status.
Abu Hurairah (R.A.) narrated that the Prophet ﷺ said to Bilâl at the time of the Fajr (Dawn) Prayer:
“O Bilâl, Tell me the most promising deed you have done in Islâm, for I heard the sound of your footsteps in Paradise.” Bilâl answered: “I haven’t done an act more hopeful to me than this: I have never performed ablution during the day or night except that [after it] I performed what I could of voluntary Prayers.” (al-Bukhâri)
Prior to entering Salaat, the person is required to undertake a certain purification procedure known as “Wudhu” without which, the person’s prayer would not be acceptable in the sight of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala).
Allah,-the Almighty, says: “O ye who believe, when ye prepare for prayer, wash your faces and your arms to the elbows,- rub your heads (with water),- and (wash) your feet to the ankles” (Qur’an 5:6).
And the Prophet ﷺ, said: “ Prayer without ablution is invalid” (Reported by Imam Muslim).
How to Perform Wudoo
Make the child see the video and make them understand it, also can find the same in picture format below.
Important Points on Wudhu
1. Much virtue is attached to Wudhu which is properly performed as can be noted from the following saying of the Prophet ﷺ:“ A person who performs Wudhu properly will have his sins removed from his body, so much that the sins are removed even from underneath his nails” (Reported by Imam Muslim).
2. Having completed the Wudhu, the person may recite the “SHAHADA”, i.e. the words of witness and the supplication for concluding the Wudhu as follows:
“ASH-HADU ‘AN LA ‘ILAAHA ‘ILLALAAHU WAHDAHU LA SHARIKA LAHU WA ‘ASH-HADU ‘ANNA MUHAMMADAN ‘ABDUHU WA RASULUHU”.
ALLAHUMMAJ ‘ALNI MINAT-TAWWABINA WAJ’ALNI MILNAL-MUTAH-HIRIN.
I bear witness that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is His servant and messenger.
O Lord, make me among those who return to you in repentance and of those who are undefiled.
Regarding the virtue of the above supplication, the leader of the faithful, Umar lbn-ul Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) reported the Prophet ﷺ as saying:
“If anyone performs the Wudhu completely and then says, I testify that there is no god but Allah alone, He has no partner: and I testify that Muhammad is His servant and messenger, the eight gates of Paradise will be opened for him and may enter by whichever of the gates he wishes” (Related by Imam Muslim).
3. When performing Wudhu, it is recommended to let the water reach beyond the area required to be washed (e.g., when washing the arms the person may wash beyond the elbows or beyond the ankles when washing the feet). Great virtue has been attached to this fact, as can be noted from the following saying of the Prophet ﷺ:“ My nation (Ummah) will be called (distinguished) on the Day of Judgement as a people with bright faces and limbs from the effect of their Wudhu practices. Therefore, anyone of you who wishes to increase his brightness may do so (by washing beyond the required areas when performing Wudhu)” (Reported by lmams Bukhari and Muslim).
4. The importance of the Miswak, the Prophet ﷺ said:“ If it had not been too great a burden on my Ummah, I would have ordered them to use the Miswak at every Wudhu” (Reported by Imam Malik).
Matters which Invalidate the Wudhu
The person will remain in a state of Wudhu until any of the following matters is committed:
HOW TO PERFORM SALAH
Having cleansed yourself by Wudu, you may proceed to perform Salah. Wudu is a ritual cleansing. Before you begin your Salah, however, you must make sure that you have a clean body, a clean place to pray, and that you are wearing clothing free of impurities. The minimum clothing required during Salah is:
The way to offer Salah:
Make the child see the video, make them understand it and let them by heart the Duas that are to be recited. Questions will be asked as to what is to recite in a respective position.
Things That Break Salat
TIPS FOR TESTS